Busy Busy

Hi folks I am a day late without even knowing it. Things around here have been busy. Saturdays are Farmers Market for us and that means Fridays are baking days; bread, butter tarts, lemon tarts, gingerbread cake, rhubarb cake, chocolate chip cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies.  And to add to the excitement the chicks and turkeys arrived as well.

The turkeys are a week old when they arrive. we had to add another foot of height to their pen right away to keep then in.

I have managed to do a little bit of fiber. I got a grab bag of wool from world of wool a little while ago. It had this wool in it I think it is called Venus.

I had no idea what I would do with it, It was so bright and the colour changes so short. So I thought well its a good wool to spin with and share spinning with others. Much to my surprise it spun up very nice. The colours blended together to make quite a nice yarn. A friend is going to teach me how to andean ply with it.

I made some more rolags on the blending board I hope they spin up as pretty as they looking in this form.

I am off to have a shower and get on to do some work. Its a good thing the other ladies here and you folks are here to keep me on track or I don’t suppose I would ever get around to blogging and i really enjoy sharing with everyone.

This entry was posted in Sheep Farming, Spinning and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Busy Busy

So … when do you sleep Ann? I am a sloth by comparison to you!

I like the yarn made from that ‘grab bag’ wool.

2. LOL. I am not good at doing nothing, and I don’t do housework so you would notice it. I was very happy with the yarn, much to my surprise.

Always good to stay busy 🙂 The yarn and rolags turned out quite nicely. Fun to see the chicks and turkeys.

4. Florence says:

What is a to lag used for?

5. Florence says:

Predictive text drives me insane rolag

• LOL You use them for spinning, you spin out of the end of them. Originally you made them with hand cards. No people make them with blending boards too.

Busy lady indeed. The yarn and rolags turned out nice. I look forward to see what you do with them.

I’m hungry now! I’ve got some similar wool tops, Ann, I might have to use them for spinning after seeing your yarn. I love the rolags, they’re an art form in themselves!

• I love spinning rollags. They are so easy to spin from. They are fun to make too. One of the blues in the mix I don’t really like but blended in it is quite nice.