Wet Felting Class Again

I actually remembered to take photos at the wet felting class again last week! The first one is Linda’s piece that she made the week before. She embellished it with beads, buttons and ribbons when it was dry. She was asking about displaying it/mounting it on canvas, I said she could use invisible thread, but I know lots of people do various things, what do you think would look good?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThere were loads of us last week, even my dad called in for a nosey, the loose ‘theme’ was landscape/garden. I got a photo of the table and as Leonor pointed out in her blog post recently, you can tell it’s the UK from the mugs of tea šŸ™‚

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI can’t remember the name of who was laying out this piece, she was new last week, tilt your head to the right a bit:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI know this was Linda’s (tilt head to the left!):

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd I know I shouldn’t have favourites, but I just loved this one by Pearline who was also new (both Pearline and her friend whose name I’ve forgotten were a bit late and missed the laying out demo, so just watched others and picked it up) she’d almost finished felting it here:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWe had so many people that there wasn’t space for me to felt my demo layout piece and I just haven’t managed to do it yet, but it should be interesting as I showed a few techniques for clouds and streaky skies with plastic, nylon, cotton and blends, so it might look like I went over the top a bit šŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Wet Felting Class Again

1. Jill says:

A simple way she could attach it to canvas is to paint a canvas which is a little larger than the piece a coordinating colour, then once dry use Modpodge or acrylic medium or a fabric glue to attach the felt (as long as it is fairly thick so the glue doesn’t seep through). Or on a smaller box canvas another way is to wrap the felt around the sides & staple on the back. Or hand sewing with a bright or coordinating embroidery thread.

Thanks, Jill šŸ™‚
      It’s a very fine soft piece and I don’t thinking gluing’s suitable. Bright embroidery thread could look really good, disguise it by making a feature of it, maybe, like using bold X’s or adding beads.

Beautiful landscape colours they chose! And oh that table looks so comfy. They’re all winners aren’t they, and I’m looking forward to seeing your (over-the-top) effort.

Thanks, Lyn šŸ™‚
      It was certainly cosy around the table! I need to do this week’s samples so hopefully I’ll felt my piece too today.

3. Teri Berry says:

Looks like you had lots of fun again but I do think you were a little cruel putting the chocolate biccies in the middle of the table where everyone could see them but no one could reach them!

Ha, they were plain digestives, but they soon got passed around and still went quickly enough!

What a riot of color, and what fun they must have had! So much creativity! Looks like Linda included everything but the kitchen sink.

Thanks, Cathy šŸ™‚
      Maybe Linda added that in the embellishing after it was dry šŸ˜‰

Looks like a great class Zed. The pieces all turned out very nicely.

Thanks, Ruth šŸ™‚
      I hope they get brought in on Wednesday for ‘after’ photos.

6. Looks like they had fun with their fibers. I used Velcro to attach my pictures. The Craft shop here sells the fuzzy and the sticky severalty so I just got sticky. I stuck a strip to the canvas only a little smaller than the piece is wide and that way it is well supported and won’t droop. I used the little circles to secure the bottom corners so it didn’t flap.

Wow, these are terrific pieces for first timers. The colors are so nice and bright. I’ve only used the lashing method to the canvas it doesn’t have to be invisible as long as it doesn’t go through the felt all the way. It will be fun to see the progression thru the classes. Good job Zed!

8. Karen Lane says:

This looks like the sort of class I would have loved to have been a part of!

šŸ™‚ It is a lot of fun and so nice to see people really pleased with what they’ve created šŸ™‚

What a wonderful class this must have been! šŸ˜€ You need to move into my neck of the woods so we can wet felt together, Zed šŸ™‚
    And yes, definitely a British table right there, haha!

I need to win the lottery, get myself a nice farmhouse with lots of converted outbuildings and invite everyone to mine for a felting holiday. Tea provided of course, and even biscuits now we’ve had emergency supplies flown in šŸ™‚

• Leonor says:

Haha, glad it was biscuits and not tea – otherwise this would be a national emergency for sure! šŸ˜€