Twist Fibre Festival

This last week end was the Twist Fibre Festival in Saint-André-Avellin, Quebec. Two friends of mine and I shared two booths. I am going to show you our booth in this post and the rest of the show in the next one. This is our whole booth

whole booth

Judy is mostly at the left  and has the wooden stand full of fiber bags. She has lots of hand processed breeds of wool and hand made small batts and rolags in great colours. I was in the middle and had the silver stand and Elizabeth is on the right with hand dyed roving and weaving kits.

We also had two friends helping us. I do not speak French , Elizabeth speaks a little and Judy speaks a little more. We had Andrea ( on the right) to be our French speaker. She was an enormous help and was so good with customers.  Here she is with me having fun trying on the Viking hat.

andrea

and our other helper, Jan, who is a great sales person. Elizabeth is in the back chatting with a customer. She is the one with the whited pass around her neck.

jan and e and andrea

Now for some more detailed pictures. This is me with the batts and tea cozies and some knitting and plying bowls that my friend Mike makes.  On the stand I had the project bags and nuno felt kits and drop spindle kits and hats.

mi in the middle elizabeds end and my wrack

This is Judy’s table and a close up of her hand turned drop spindles and Lego drop spindles.

Judies end 3 judys spindles close

Down at Elizabeth’s end she has drop spindle kits and hand died roving designed to spin colour changing yarn. She also has an amazing ridged heddle book (on dvd) she wrote and kit put together.

judys end 2

She brought her loom and was working on the kit samples to show people how it works. The multi coloured one is one of the sample pieces finished. You get 2  that size and another small bonus sample pattern.

Elizabeths weaving

So that was our set up. What you can’t see was how hot the room was once it was full of people. We just about melted. I should have shrunk a couple of sizes but some how I didn’t. 🙂

This entry was posted in Fairs and Shows, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Twist Fibre Festival

It all looks so good Ann! You all made your booth display look very neat and inviting and it was nice to see the Viking hat in action.

Loved reading about this, Ann! I hope to be able to enjoy a craft fair on the side of the seller, so I loved finding out you can still have fun whilst taking care of business (the Viking hat!)

That’s a really nice set up, Ann! I wish we had as many fairs and events here.

• Thanks Zed I could wish their were more I really only do 3 or 4 between now and Christmas. Its hard to find the right kind of sales that do not cost an arm and a leg, locally.

Looks like a lot of hard work went into setting up your booths. Good to have help, too. Look forward to your next post about the Fair.

Ann, how nice to have a a combined booth, all with wonderful products. I understand completely about the having a dollar for try ons and $5 for photos. If I have a quarter for every customer who petted Symphony, I would be rich 🙂

Sorry to hear it was so warm and that you didn’t shrink two sizes with all that work and heat.

6. zararooke says:

I would have bought batts and a drop spindle and tried your Viking hat on too, if I had been there. 😉

7. It was lovely meeting you guys at Twist… Great show..

Wow, what a great set up for you and your friends Ann. Always good to have help, especially if there is a language difference You’re lucky to have so many close fiber friends. I’m sure the Viking hat was a big draw. Everything was set up to be very appealing. I look forward to hearing about what the big sellers were.