More Dyeing

I mentioned in my last post that I’d been dyeing cellulose fibres recently. I’ve mostly stuck to staple fibres like the viscose I showed last week, and bamboo. These are the greens, blues, purples, silver and black shades of bamboo I did:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd here are the yellows, browns and reds bamboo staple:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI tried a couple of shades of Rose fibre top (the photos of these were blurred) and they turned out well so I did some bamboo tops:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThey came out really nice, so I used up the last of the blue and purple dyes on some viscose top:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd since I’d already made a mess in the kitchen and still had the table out, I started dyeing with acid dyes. Only these silk carrier rods were dry enough to photograph:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to More Dyeing

Yay for a dyeing binge! You were on a roll, madam 😀

Which dyes do you prefer for cellulose?

I’ve only used the Procion dye on the cellulose fibres, I don’t know if it’s any specific brand, I got them off ebay and they came in plastic bags.

Wow, you’re going dye crazy! 🙂 They are all beautiful and I look forward to seeing what you make with all these gorgeous colors.

Thanks, Ruth 🙂
      I’ll be taking most of them to makefest at MOSI, but I’ll definitely try any I bring back.

4. Looks like you had a fun time. They all turned out great.

Beautiful rich colors, now you’re ready for anything! They’ll be some lucky people at MOSI.

Wonderful colours!

7. Teri Berry says:

Looking forward to seeing how they get used at MOSI, please post photos! 🙂