Coming Back !!!

Hello Everyone

I thought I’d better let you all know whats been happening lately and why I haven’t been around.

We’ve been through a fair bit over the last 12months or so and the latest was when hubby got sick, ( im happy to say he’s doing really well at the moment) I tried to keep it all together but in the end I got the flu and I thought that was a good opportunity to  just crash and burn for a while lol , I had no energy to do anything except what I absolutely had to do , I ended up with a touch of depression and I didn’t like it , believe me it was not a fun time, but with the help of family and close friends I’m happy to say that I’m starting to feel so much better and everything seems a lot brighter now.  I’ve always been a pretty strong person, so having to deal with something like this was very hard  ,I hope i  never have to deal with it again !!!!!!

Anyway after a while a close  friend of mine who had been trying to get me moving, getting out  and doing something arty, but I really couldn’t get my head around anything until she suggested we do some mosaics, I think that was the first time my ears pricked up and I felt a little excitement.  I used to do Mosaics about 10 years ago and although I really enjoyed it then, of course I moved on to learn other things. And as you know I’ve had trouble for a while trying to decide what it is that im suppose to be doing,  Well I can honestly say that I’ve finally found it and yes its mosaics. Unfortunately that has nothing to do with Felt and Fibre but if you all don’t mind I’d still love to participate in the forum and keep you up to date on what I’m doing and see what everyone else here is doing to.  I have to Thank Ruth, Ann & Zed for all your patients and covering for me, Im trying to work my way back and I know I’m getting there!

So now I’ve changed a few things around and this time its staying, I’m closing my old blog, it hasn’t been used in a while and to be honest im tired of looking at it lol   I’ve started a new one just for mosaicing and I hope you all pop in and be my friend there. Im truly loving everything about mosaicing and working with glass in one of the best things ever.  I love working with tiles to but there’s just something special about glass.  I’ll be taking a workshop in sculptural mosaics very shortly with a Mosaic Artist who lives less than 15mins away from me so I’m really looking forward to that.

I’ll leave you with a pic of my favourite piece so far and also my first one in 10 years. She’s all glass and tiny beads for her eyes and lips.  She was like Therapy in a big way lol

head

Thanks everyone for all your patients with me going from one thing to another, but im set now and loving it

My new blog is  www.Karensmosaicing.blogspot.com.au  and I hope to see you there xoxoxo

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Coming Back !!!

1. I have been there and back. I had a nervous breakdown. One of the reasons why I am a Mixed Media artist, is that it keeps my mind occupied with new thoughts. Felting is just a small part of what I do. It will take a while, but you will pull out of this. I still have some relapses and have to start all over again.

I’m glad you’re feeling better, Kaz 🙂
    Your mosaic pieces are gorgeous! Do you get much glass washed up on the beaches near you? I had quite a collection for a while, it looks gorgeous for mosaics.

3. Margo duke says:

Thanks for sharing your story; happy that your husband is doing better too. I love broken china mosaics (looks great when mixed with glass too) – somehow get great pleasure from using a hammer on a pristine piece of vintage china before creating something new!

4. Glad to see you back to your creative self! And mosaics are awesome ! Love all the colours and shapes possibilities. Even some of my pieces were inspired by mosaic techniques! Happy that the dark clouds period is moving out of your life!

• Karen says:

Thankyou Mireille Im very happy the dark clouds are lifting to, dont want to go back there, The possibilities with mosaics are amazing and i know im in the right area now xo

Glad you’re back Karen and I love your new mosaic pieces. I hope that you’ll do a few tutorials for us on how to do mosaics. I would love to see how you do your work.

Welcome back Karen! Mosaics are fascinating. Near where I live is Fishbourne Palace – there are some beautifully preserved roman mosaic floors

• Karen says:

Thanks Lyn Mosaics are very fascinating with endless possibilities, im working with styrofoam, wire, wood, cement , glass, tiles ect lots of fun xo, thanks for the link, just amazing 🙂

7. I am glad you and your husband are feeling better. It is great to have you back at the blog no matter what you are up to art wise.

8. Marilyn Nelson says:

I’m glad both you and your husband are doing better and the darkness has lifted for you. Finding your passion is the best therapy. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us. I look forward to seeing your new mosaics. enjoy!

9. lizseville says:

I think she is absolutely beautiful. I love mosaic so I am really pleased to see her. LizSeville.wordpress.com Principally Felt