Busy Week

It seems that everyone is busy this time of year. Football season has started here and we went down to a football game over the weekend. It was a late game and since we have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there, we didn’t get home until 1:30 am. Yawn. Then the next day, we felted another wall panel for the yurt. Then coming up this week is my exhibition with my class mates from my Level 2 Hand and Machine Stitch class with Gail Harker. So I’ve been busy getting pieces ready for the exhibition and cleaning up the studio. I have also still been sanding on the yurt parts.

Tono with Roof Poles

I only have 12 roof poles left to sand. Dennis put a few into the tono to see how they fit. It’s amazing to see what the roof will look like. Wow, 16 feet is bigger than I imagined. πŸ™‚

Messy StudioThis is my studio about half way through the cleaning process. I forgot to take the photo before I cleared most of the stuff off the table.

Cleanish StudioSo now it is a bit cleaner. The box on the table is the stuff that will go in the exhibition.

Kantha TractorI did finish the Kantha tractor and got it framed. It will be in the exhibition as well.

Kantha RevolutionAnd I got these three Kantha pieces matted and ready to donate. So what have you been doing? We’d love to see what you’ve been working on, so please post on the forum when you get a spare minute.

This entry was posted in Stitching, Yurt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Busy Week

1. You have been busy. On a large scale and small scale. The tractor picture is wonderful. So many little stitches. Yes 16 feet is bigger than you think. It does look huge in the picture.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Ann – it is amazing how big it looks and that isn’t even the whole thing set up. I can hardly wait to see it when it is all together.

2. I think you may be a workaholic.

3. kwinter12 says:

Love the tractor pic (especially the wheels) but there’s something missing. Shouldn’t it be dragging a big roll of felt behind it? πŸ˜‰

Goodness – yes – seeing the first photo makes me realise just how big the yurt will be!

The tractor picture is wonderful – is that Dennis at the wheel?

5. Marilyn Nelson says:

It’s amazing how much you’ve got going and get finished. 16 feel is big indeed. The tractor pic is great. Wonderful stitching detail.

I did start tidying up, but made enough room to get other things out, so I have to start again! The tractor picture is amazing, and I love all 3 kantha pieces together πŸ™‚

7. Karen says:

I love the tractor pic to Ruth and wow I cant believe how far you’ve come with the yurt, its looking amazing and so much work, My hubby always says, A man needs a shed or a Barn lol

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Karen – the yurt is progressing. Hopefully, we’ll be done by mid-October. We actually have several sheds but he wants a “big” shop or barn. He isn’t satisfied with a lowly shed!!