Umbrella Tree Completed

I finished the umbrella tree and finally got some halfway decent photos taken. I will be submitting this to the “Shelter” Exhibition being held in October. I still have to write up my entry and figure out an artist’s statement to go with the piece. But I’m sure I can manage that by the middle of August when the entry is due. I thought you might like to take a look at the tree. The photos are from several different angles as well as some closeups.

This entry was posted in Needle Felting, Nuno Felting, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Umbrella Tree Completed

1. Marilyn Nelson says:

It’s beautiful. I wish I could see it in person I’m sure there are subtleties in person the camera doesn’t get. And you’re working on the yurt as well. Wow! You are an inspiration.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Marilyn. It is really hard to photograph because of it’s size. I’m not sure how impressive I am, I just always have to keep busy.

• Marilyn Nelson says:

The more you do, the more the rest of learn. :-). I use your book all the time as a reference. It’s great to see new projects and ideas.

2. ,Vicki W says:

It is so cool! How wonderful to see your vision realized.

3. eclecticlamb says:

Strikingly beautiful! I love the shots from beneath the tree with light shining above.

That looks really good, Ruth, you should be really proud of it šŸ™‚

5. That is just so amazing. I have never seen anything like it. I have seen felt art at our local art museum, but not like this.

Your tree will make a good piece for the exhibition! I love the view up through the canopy.

7. kwinter12 says:

Very clever. I love how the strands of yarn look as if they are continuations of the spokes. And the rocks. šŸ˜‰

Will you be able to exhibit it so that people can look up to get the “sun shining through the leaf canopy” effect? I hope so!

• ruthlane says:

Thanks! That was actually the plan for the “branches”. I am not sure if it will be high enough at the exhibit but I will work on that.

8. this turned out great, love it

9. Wow that turnout wonderful. The light coming through really sets it off.

10. lizseville says:

I love the way the light shines through it. I wish I could see it. Enchantment.

Thanks Liz, photos just are not enough sometimes. I always wish I could view things more closely.

12. So beautiful! I’ve pinned to my ‘innovations in felt’ board on pinterest šŸ™‚

13. Judy says:

Wow, Ruth what an incredible creative art piece. I have never seen anything like it. It is stunning and has a magical effect.