Coppery Felt and Fimo

Do you remember the coppery bronzey felt piece I posted about last month? I cut that up recently and started to make a glasses case and purse out of it. I have so many cut out or part made up items at the moment, I think I’ll be working on them all year πŸ™‚Β  I did actually finish the glasses case though. This is one side of it:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is the other side:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI used some gorgeous hand dyed cotton perle 5 from Rainbow Girl on etsy. The variegated colours work perfectly. I also managed to do quite a lot on the purse. I managed to sew it all together already.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI still need to choose the right button, which always takes forever, and sew the buttonhole.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI’ve also been working on a Fimo tutorial the last few weeks. Taking photos has been harder than ever, it’s been really dark, stormy and rainy, which is nice but not great for taking phtotos inside. We did get a few really bright sunny days, so I worked on the opposite side of the house to the sun and managed to get a lot done, or so I thought. When I downloaded the photos, what looked good when I set up a shot, didn’t look good once hands were in the photo! I thought Monday would be perfect for working outside, it was bright but cloudy, but also really windy, so back indoors. I did get quite a few good photos all in all, including this one, which captures perfectly my attempt to get rid of the dent I caused when I released the camera from the tripod without holding it first!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd here’s a sneaky peek at one of the other pieces I worked on:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI’m nowhere near finishing it yet, but when I have, I’ll put it for sale on etsy, it won’t be expensive, but I want to put as much in it as possible, so if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or requests, if it’s something I know about, I’ll do my best to include it πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Other Fibers, Stitching, Tutorials, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Coppery Felt and Fimo

I had to laugh at your reason for the dent – Annie and I reckon we’d have a bestseller if only we’d taken photos of us taking photos – I’m sure you know what I mean. And oh, the weather drives me nuts too.

I love the green piece of fimo and the one you’re working on reminds me of a very old penny that I have.

I really like the coppery glasses case and I hope you’ll post a photo when you’ve got the right button.

Thanks, Lyn πŸ™‚
      Photos! Grrr! My back was aching so much after two days of taking photos, I had to do a yoga twist, the cracking it did was amazing.
      Maybe while I’ve got fimo all over the place I’ll make a button for the purse πŸ™‚

The coppery pieces turned out great. And I love the fimo. I don’t know why all these pieces can’t just take their own photos. πŸ™‚ Especially tutorials!

Thanks, Ruth πŸ™‚
      If I could get one of those remote shutters to work with my feet that’d be a start!

3. The felt pieces are lovely. I like the button with the dent, makes it look old.

4. Karen says:

Love the coppery piece Zed and i love love love the fimo, i think vintage looking ones would sell for more especially with dents in them, unique vintage πŸ™‚

Thanks, Kaz πŸ™‚
      I’ll have to find something worth a lot less than my camera to drop on them, though πŸ™‚

5. Marilyn Nelson says:

The coppery piece reminds of a fancy cowhide like piece. Please don’t take that the wrong way, I think it’s really nice as well as the fimo. It sounds like you need a photo editing program. You’ll back will love you for it. πŸ™‚

Thanks, Marilyn πŸ™‚
      Not offended at all! I do have Photoshop, and will need to use it. I think having to stand behind the tripod while it leans against the desk and working under it is what causes a lot of the aches. I have to have the camera high enough to get all the ‘action’ in, so end up leaning over and around.

• Marilyn says:

Perhaps an assistant is needed. I’m just recovering from back surgery so your twisting and acrobatics to get these shots hurt just thinking about it. I hope you can find a less painful solution.:-) I admire your dedication to the project.

I’ll need a week on the couch watching films when I’ve finished πŸ˜‰

• Marilyn says:

It sounds like a good plan and a just reward for such back breaking work! Enjoy.

Thanks, I will πŸ™‚

6. I made some copper color needle felted pieces and they made good backgrounds for beading. Maybe you should bake your fimo elements before you photograph them. lol Love the button design.

Thanks, Judy πŸ™‚
    I haven’t added beads to felt for a while, I have lots of nice coppery beads too.
    I’m doing a Fimo tutorial so had to photograph all the stages.