Call For Entries
My fiber arts group, Tangled, A Montana Arts Collective, is sponsoring a fiber arts exhibition at my store The Purple Pomegranate in Whitefish, Montana during October. The theme for the exhibition is Shelter and I cordially invite you to apply for the exhibition. I know that lots of our readers do not reside in the US but you are also invited to apply. You would be responsible for the shipping to and from the exhibition so it probably isn’t that practical but I don’t want to exclude international entries.
The information about the exhibition is below and if you have any questions just let me know. You can download the information and an application form here.
Call for Artist’s Submission of Entries:
Announcing: Tangled Fibers Show—A Fiber-Arts Collection
When: Month of October, 2013
Where: The Purple Pomegranate, Whitefish MT
Artists are invited to submit applications and jpg photos for a Fall Presentation Exhibit at The Purple Pomegranate Gallery in Whitefish, Montana.
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2013, for October 1, 2013 Exhibit opening.
Theme of Exhibit: Shelter. Shelter is one of the basic needs for all living creatures. What constitutes shelter? Is it an actual structure or metaphysical? From the lowliest tent to a mansion, shelter exists in many forms and has many different meanings. What does shelter mean to you?
Guidelines for Artist’s submission:
- Size: Each piece of work must fit within 36” long, and 24” wide exhibit space. It may be 3-D in form. Art must fit through a standard size door.
- All art must be an original piece of work, not shown prior to this show and created in the last two years. Artists may submit from 1 to 3 fiber works for the one time, non-refundable application fee of $20.00.
- Each piece should be priced for retail sale, with 40% commission being retained from sale of work.
- Art must be stable and be easily displayed on a wall or pedestal that supports a maximum of 20 pounds. No perishable organic material. Art must be structurally sound. Each submission should be able to be hung from one point of reference on the wall, portable or permanent or placed on a pedestal. Included with submission should be instructions for hanging or display.
- Artist must submit an artist statement, with the application. Statement must be in context with the theme, Shelter.
- Artist will need to submit proof of insurance coverage OR release the Purple Pomegranate from any liability related to harm of the art. Artist is responsible for shipping or delivering the work to the Purple Pomegranate and for sending a prepaid return label FedEx/UPS for pieces to be shipped back to artist.
- Jurying: The jury process will include a panel of judges reviewing jpg photos sent by e-mail. Submissions that do not follow rules of entry will not be submitted to jurors. Only entries received by August 15, 2013 will be considered. Works selected for exhibition that are not accurately depicted by jpgs may be removed from the exhibit at juror’s discretion. Works selected are to be available for the entire exhibit. E-mail notification of acceptance will occur by September 15, 2013. Delivery of work September 25-27, 2013. Pick up work November 1-3, 2013.
As a side note, the piece of green nuno felt that I showed you last week is for my entry for this exhibition. I still have a long way to go on the piece but I have begun and I’m excited about the possibilities 🙂
14 thoughts on “Call For Entries”
This is great Ruth. I know it will be a lot of work but I am sure it will be very satisfying too. If I can get my act together before the deadline I will enter.
I hope you will Ann. I am looking forward to seeing the entries.
How exciting for you and your shop!
Thanks Lyn. It is part of our Gallery Nights that happens the first Thursday of May – Oct.
Thats very exciting Ruth, i’m looking forward to seeing all the entries to and your finished green nuno piece !!
It sounds great 🙂
I hope we get some interesting entries.
Thank you for posting this Ruth. I posted it up on my Facebook FeltingLessons page, and also on an Etsy team board I belong to.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with for your entry!!
Terri, thanks for spreading the word.
Will you be doing it again in 2014?
Yes Michelle – we plan on it. I think the theme will be “totem” but that isn’t official yet.
Wonderful!! I am so looking forward to it. I found felting online two days ago…I am so excited to try a new medium. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head that I am having a hard time to sleep lol.