Three Pieces

We had a couple of new people join the wet felting group at the well being centre the past few weeks, so as usual, I started them off with a ‘beginner’s piece‘, which is my soft, wispy felt. If you’re new or haven’t seen me mention this, basically, it’s a 4 layer piece of felt, which is meant to be soft, and ‘scruffy’ and uneven, and piled with embellishments, and is designed so it’s almost impossible to make a bad piece! This is a red piece I made:

I think most of the fibres I used were Nylon:

This yellow Nylon was less ‘fluffed up’:

Some cotton scrim:

I made a blue piece the next time:

And most of the fibres on this seemed to be soy, and the two best pics were of the soy under cotton gauze. Grey under blue:

And a pinky grey under purple:

On Monday, I was the only one there, so I indulged myself and made a small mat/coaster for my best friend. I used wool tubes (or ‘kebabs’!) and filled in a rectangle on a template, then added Merino. Basically working upside down:

I like looking at these on an angle:

Even closer/more of an angle:

Have you made anything just for you or a friend lately?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Three Pieces

1. annielynrosie says:

Lovely to hear that you have new people coming to your group!
    Sometimes it’s good to just play on your own – the mat is pretty and your friend will love it!

Thanks, Lyn πŸ™‚
      Yeah, it’s really nice seeing people who aren’t really sure at first if they’ll like felting, being really pleased with what they make.

These are all lovely pieces. The wool tubes always create such a wonderful look.

Thanks, ruth πŸ™‚
      And the tubes are so relaxing to make too … probably how we ended up with loads at the centre!

3. All the pieces are lovely Zed. I do like the texture and look of the kebab piece. I’m going to have to try that.

4. Lindsay says:

The well-being centre sounds great. There’s so much well being to be had from sharing some creativity with others or even having a bit of creative time on your own. Good experiments, as ever.

Thanks, Lindsay πŸ™‚
      Yeah, couldn’t agree more, sharing is like an endless cycle of inspiration.

5. It’s great that you have new people showing up. I really have to have ago at the kebobs.

Yeah it is πŸ™‚ It’d be good if we got more and they stayed like previously. Yeah, deffo try them, they’re lighter than twists or yarn or thin lengths of roving and give a different result/texture.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )