Felted Cuff (bracelet)

I recently made myself a felted cuff from a failed project (got to use them up!), and wore it at one of my craft fairs.  Vivienne, one of the other stall holders took a shine to it and asked if I would make her one, so I did and here is the process.

Vivienne chose purples blues and pinks as the colour palette.

20180827_111750

I started with two layers of Aubergine Merino, one of my favourite colours I thinks, such a rich deep purple.

20180827_112159

I then added all the decoration, which was the above colours blended, and lots of silks and curly locks.

20180827_113346

It was then wet felted.

20180827_163115

Once dry it was then time to cut to size.

20180904_093846

I then interfaced the back because I wanted to free motion sew it to strengthen it a little for wearing.  Here is the back.

20180904_094410

Here is the front.

20180904_093928

I wanted to jazz it up even more by adding a few beads, so I pulled these out of my stash.

20180904_094032

Here it is after beading.

20180904_100646

I luckily had a piece of this lovely purple tweed fabric in my stash to use as a backing to cover up all the inside stitching.

20180903_165712

I then cut it to size, added an elasticated loop and pinned it all together to sew.

20180904_102850

Here is the back, quite neat eh??

20180904_110028

Here is the front along with a button sewn on for fastening.  I had previously asked Vivienne for her wrist measurement.

20180904_110039

She seemed very pleased with it and put it on straight away.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Felted Cuff (bracelet)

1. Beautiful colours, well blended, and the stitching not only enhances but strengthens too. The backing fabric is perfect and it’s all so very neat. The beads are a pretty finishing touch. Vivienne must have been delighted with it.
    Thank you for a great ‘how-to’ post.

• tracey2008 says:

Thank you very much Lyn. Yes the stitching was definitely to strengthen it, I did the same with the one I wear. It turned out well.

2. Vivienne is very lucky!

3. Sue Nota says:

Thank you for sharing your how to on making a cuff. I love your creative energy and look forward to trying to make one. 😎

• tracey2008 says:

Thank you Sue, that is a lovely comment. Do have a go at making one, mine feels ‘comforting’ to wear.

The bracelet is great Tracey. And yours is so neat. I probably would have sewn through a bead 🙂

5. Lindsay says:

Beautiful colour blending there Tracey. Very neat and great of you to share the process step-by-step.

• tracey2008 says:

Thanks very much Lindsay, you are welcome. I find that Merino Sapphire really seems to pop out from a piece, glad Vivienne wanted a blue!

Beautiful bracelet! Vivienne is a lucky lady 🙂

• tracey2008 says:

Thanks very much Leonor. She is a very talented pencil artist, I really do not know why she is not rich and famous, her work is breathtakingly good, self taught too. 🙂

7. Antje says:

Vivienne should rightly be pleased with this lovely bracelet. Your colours and decoration have worked well.
    I look forward to seeing what you,ve done with your off cuts too.

8. Very nice bracelet, I am sure she will be delighted with it. You did a great job withthe ow too as well. I am always to lazy to line mine so I dont to the free motion embroidery.

9. Thanks for sharing your process. It is absolutely gorgeous. So rich in color and texture. Vivienne is very lucky!

• tracey2008 says:

Thank you Marilyn! The colours are lovely, ‘my’ colours, I would have been happy to keep it! Maybe make myself another one when I get time. 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )