So What Have I Made Lately?

I know I’ve been a little crochet sample crazy lately.  But I have actually made some crochet beanies.

On April 11, our newest Grandson Ken arrived about 8 weeks early.  So, I was inspired to make some little hats.

Not knowing what size his head was, I made several different ones. And of course, I had to make a couple for my Granddaughter Lisa. I didn’t know her size either, but as it turned out a couple fit her.

Unfortunately,  because he was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) they would not allow him to wear anything from outside.

The first one I made was blue.  It entailed crocheting in the round and using a couple of different stitches.

Then I made a  green one with basically one stitch.

I figured if it was too big the bottom could be folded up.

Then I made a bigger lightweight yellow which is Lisa’s favorite color at the moment.

I thought these last two might fit Lisa so I put a flower on each.

Without upturned brim.

So, I shipped them all off. And here is the real model.

Ken came home this week. I don’t know if they have tried the hats yet, but here is our new bundle of joy.  Fortunately, now all the tubes are gone, but he really looks happy.

Here you can see the size differences.  It will be interesting to see which one, if any fit him.

This entry was posted in crochet and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to So What Have I Made Lately?

Awww – such lovely photos – made me smile broadly!
    The hats are great and I like the flower decorations.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! Those little smiles are infectious aren’t they? I can’t wait to get out there to hold him, but for the time being I cherish the pics.

Loved the family photos. I really like the fact that you just went ahead and made lots of hats regardless of whether they fit! Those that don’t will be good for someone else, so there’s no time lost. I hope Ken gets to wear his grandmother’s hat very soon 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Leonor! Since the NICU won’t take them, I thought Lisa’s dolls would benefit. 🙂 it was time worth spent while waiting. I’m sure they will get used. I wouldn’t be surprised if I see one on their beagle Koyuki.

• Leonor says:

If one does end up in Koyuki I’ll want a picture 😂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Absolutely!

3. Tracey says:

Lovely beanies Marilyn, especially nice to turn the brim up, very girly. Lovely happy photos too.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Tracey! It was nice to make something for the grandkids. At least in California the nights get chilly. And for newborns hats keep in their body heat. It’s harder to make things for my two grandsons in Florida to wear. It’s always hot there.

4. Lovely little beanies. He is a cutie and so is his sister.

5. Congrats with your grandson, beautiful pics Marilyn!! Really lovely pictures, you must be a very proud granny!! Ofcourse are your beanies lovely! Thanks for showing them 😉

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Jifke! I can’t wait to go and see them. its hard being a bicoastal grandma. My other two grandsons live in Florida. I wish they all lived closer.

What a lovely set of hats Marilyn. I’m sure they will put them to good use. Congratulations on the new grand baby and I’m glad he’s out of NICU and doing well.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! He’s making great progress everyday. I’m sure the hats will be well worn.