Orange, Orange, and More Orange

After a few more attempts, I managed to get a photograph of the orange piece I’d planned to blog about last time:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI made the piece to sew into a purse/wallet for my friend, but I was concerned some of the fabric wasn’t attached as well as I’d like for something which would get lots of handling, so I made another piece:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI even managed to get a closer pic of this one too:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is some of the synthetic embellishments I used:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAInbetween the two large pieces, I made a medium sized piece with the same colour theme, I used less fabric on this piece and more embellishent fibres, especially silk throwster’s waste and silk hankies:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOf course, today is the first bright, sunny day for ages, and I could probably get much better photos now!

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Orange, Orange, and More Orange

Love the bright colours and perhaps a tad of Fauvism there? πŸ˜‰

Thanks, Judith πŸ™‚
      I did wonder if I could get away with claiming this as a Fauvism challenge entry, extreme abstract maybe!

Judith’s right about the Fauvisim. The colours are great though – a striking mix – very warm. Please post a photo of the finished article.
    I do sympathise with the photo thing as I’ve spent many frustrating hours getting true colours to show through my camera. Wouldn’t it be good to be able to buy a camera that could capture exactly what you see?

Thanks, Lyn πŸ™‚
      The challenge is on to find a zip, apparently ‘orange is a really strange colour’ according to the shop assistant in the fabric shop. I do have quite a few cameras which would capture more accurately, it’d involve a couple of trips to Max Spielman though!

What a wonderful group of felt pieces. Great colors. Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces. Those synthetic embellishments look really cool.

Thanks, Ruth πŸ™‚
      Yeah, I love those synthetic embellishments, they’re pulled apart from some weird loopy yarn I got years ago.

4. Nice colours and textures. They should make great pieces.

Great a colors and textures!