Another Bag and More Unfinished Projects

If you’re anything like me, when you get the sewing machine and felt and/or fabric scraps out, you end up with stuff absolutely everywhere and a huge mess to tidy away afterwards which takes so long you start to consider whether you really need to use that room again or if you can get away with shutting the door on the mess forever. I usually try to make the most of it and do as many sewing projects as I can all in one go and live with the mess in the mean time. After making the satchel type bag, I had some good sized off cuts left over so thought I’d make myself another bag. This one is ‘passport bag’ size. This is what it looks like from the front with the flap closed:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is what it looks like with the flap open – I used magnetic closures again:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is what it looks like on the back:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI used quite a few of my recent nuno felt pieces, but also a few from ‘the box’ including the piece I used inside the flap which was a piece I made years ago with lots of different pieces of silk. I’ve got a few more half finished projects too, this next one will also be a piece for Ann’s 2nd quarter challenge, because I’m changing a piece of soft scruffy felt I made a while ago:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is a bird pod I started at the well being centre a few weeks ago. I need to shape it and full it:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERABack:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAMaybe when I get my new spinning wheel (oh, yes I am!) I’ll make a matching cord to hang it 🙂

This entry was posted in Felt bags, Surface Design, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Another Bag and More Unfinished Projects

I’m intrigued by what the ‘green thing’ will become and I’m looking forward to seeing the spun cord for the lovely birdpod.

The bag is another hit – the colours are scrummy and the patterns mix ‘n’ match beatifully.

• Lyn says:

p.s. you’ll have to walk around with the bag flap up because the nuno piece you have inside is too good to hide!

Thanks, Lyn 🙂
      Ha, I’ll have to make sure I need to get something out of my bag often to flash the inside! I’m intrigued what the green thing will become too 🙂

Great bag Zed! I love how colorful it is. You definitely have a talent for matching prints. The pod looks good. That’s on my to do list, but it seems by the time I get around to it the season is over. So, a wheel is in your future. Good for you!

Thanks, Marilyn 🙂
      I don’t know about a talent, I think it’s more a case of obsessively buying fabrics and scarves to sample that I’ve got so many there’s bound to be plenty to match! Get making your pods now ready for Spring!

3. Karen says:

Gorgeous! I love all the cheerful colors.

4. Another great Bag. That green thing is very intriguing. I see the face of someone lying down. The nose sticking up on the right. I like that shape of the bird pod.

Thanks, Ann 🙂
      I can see the face now you mention it. I like those kind of shapes for the pods too, I’m sure the top part is a bit of a ‘waste’, but it looks nice.

Another cool bag. I know exactly what you mean about sewing scraps and making a huge mess. It is better to do multiple projects at once. Looking forward to seeing what the green will become. And to see the finished bird pod.

Thanks, Ruth 🙂
      I find aswell that once I start on a project and have all the bits out, I can ‘see’ other ideas a lot easier, so usually end up with the mess longer than I planned. It feels good once it’s all tidied though and all the bits of thread and fibre vacuumed up.

6. Teri Berry says:

Love the bag! And like everyone else, I’m intrigued by the green felt, what are the fluffy pom pom pieces?