And Then There Were Four

I had hoped to have a completed lampshade to show you today. But the frame is still in pieces and I haven’t figured out exactly how the cobweb felt is going on to the frame.

Wensleydale Lampshade Covers

But I do have four pieces of cobweb felt to go over the frame. One piece is a bit thicker than the others but I don’t think most people would notice.

close up Wensleydale cobweb felt

The textures from the Wensleydale are wonderful.

Lamp Shade Frame Parts

Here’s the frame. Hmmm… place part A on part B and attach with screw Q…

Trying out cobweb felt over a lamp

But I thought a preview was in order. Here is one of the pieces of felt over an existing lamp.

Cobweb Felt Lit

And a little closer view. I think it might do πŸ™‚

Next time (hopefully), the finished lamp shade!

About ruthlane

When I discovered felting in 2007, I finally found the creative outlet for which I had been searching. I love that the versatility of fiber allows me to β€œplay” with a wide variety of materials including wool, silk, fabrics, yarns and threads. Creating one of a kind fiber art pieces to share with the world fulfills my creative passion.
This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to And Then There Were Four

It’s going to be beautiful! Rather you than me with the instructions though.

I wonder what the shade would look like with a pastel-coloured bulb or led colour-changing bulb behind it?

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Lyn – the instructions actually don’t look too complicated, I just ran out of time. A colored light bulb would certainly add interest.

The lamp will eventually come together! Sometimes these felting projects are frustrating not in the felting, but in the putting together when tools are involved. Reminds me of my struggles with the circles mobile. Fun and easy making the circles–but making the mobile itself–not so much.
    Look forward to seeing your completed project, Ruth.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Cathy – yes, the putting together of projects is often the most time consuming part. But I’ll get there eventually.

3. Judy says:

The felted panels came out very pretty. I am useless at putting anything together, thank goodness for my dear husband. I think putting in a color ball will give the lampshade a nice effect.

I really love the texture of the lampshade. It’s going to look great when you get it done. I look forward to seeing it finished and lit.

I think it will do very well indeed. Once you fathom out the shade assembly of course! πŸ™‚

6. Great peices and I am sure it will go together like clockwork. I say this with full knowledge of how complicated clocks are. πŸ™‚

7. Nada says:

Wau, what a beautiful effect it gives! I’m sure you will find a way to put everything together.

It’s going to be gorgeous, Ruth! Are you going to leave the natural edges as much as possible?

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Zed – I would like to leave the natural edges but figuring out how to do that is going to be a task. It is all supposed to be sewn together and no edges show. Hopefully, I will be able to work out a way to show the edges.

9. kwinter12 says:

Beautiful! And surely assembling a lampshade must be a breeze after constructing a yurt! πŸ˜‰

So pretty… As I look at this I’m thinking, “my cats sure would love this lampshade” – do you have any pets, Ruth? If so, did any of them “comment” on the wool? πŸ™‚

• ruthlane says:

Thanks, yes cats might be an issue with this type of shade. I have 2 Yorkies and they don’t seem to pay much attention to my felting stuff.

• Leonor says:

My cats would definitely be all over it, but maybe not in a bad way (they like my knitting wool but do nothing besides smell it) πŸ™‚