More Mosaic Fun

Hi Everyone

Well by now I guess you know what I would have been doing this last week, yep more mosaic fun, I really love it

We did have one hiccup at the end of last week and that was another flood in the house, so with 5 of us and about 12  hours of mopping and cleaning there was no damage, with my floors and all at least this time we didn’t have to rip up carpet or  floor boards , just washing and steam cleaning after, huge mess but all clean now. This island ended up having about 64ml of water in one night and im sure about 50 of it landed in this house lol  alls well that ends well 🙂

So I didn’t get in as much mosaics finished as I had planned but I still finished one piece at least

This one is before grouting

before grouting

and after, sorry about the pics I should have taken them outside but this was just finished and still setting

after grouting

I should have had this one finished to but didn’t make it, it will be done in the next day or so

wip

Im actually making these smaller panels to sell at our local craft market in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it.  Its the first time I’ve been really excited about making things to sell so I cant wait to see how I go.  Having said that I received a nice surprise in the mail last week , a cheque from the Gallery as they sold one of my mixed media books so that made me very happy.

I also thought i’d show you a piece I did about 8 yrs ago for our friend. It was meant to be a table top but he absolutely refuse to get it dirty or put even 1 glass or cup on it, so its been hung on the wall in his garage in pride of place amongst his other footy memorabilia ever since lol  I don’t think I’ve even even shown this to my sibblings as being their team as well I think they’d hold me to ramsom for at least 3 more lol  All very one eyed supporters, including me 🙂

the pies

So I hope your all enjoying your week and lots and lots accomplished, Keep your fingers crossed for me that we get NO more torrential rain xo

My new blog is  www.Karensmosaicing.blogspot.com.au  and I hope to see you there xoxoxo

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to More Mosaic Fun

Karen – so sorry to hear about the flooding again. But you’re much better prepared than last time 🙂 Congrats on selling one of your mixed media books. And I bet you’ll do great selling your mosaics because they are absolutely wonderful. The football one is way cool too.

• Karen says:

Thankyou Ruth, Yes we were much better prepared this time but i dont want to do it again, ive had enough of that now lol Im quite excited about our upcoming market day 🙂

The footie mosaic is wonderful and your friend is quite right not to use it as a table top – my daughter did a mosaic garden table top and its beauty has dimished/suffered with use and weathering!

I hope you do well with your sales – the flower mosaics are very pretty.

• Karen says:

Thankyou Lyn, Ive learnt not to do mosaics on timber that will be staying outside unless its properly sealed against the elements, i’ve had a couple that suffered lol Im really enjoying just making flowers at the moment to but cant wait for my workshop were i’ll learn the more sculptural aspect 🙂

I bet you’re glad you got your floors polished after the last flood! We’ve had a few torrential downpours, but luckily never get flooded. The mosaics look great, Kaz, I love the Collingwood one 🙂 Good luck with the craft market!

4. Karen, you have really had more than your share of trouble. I am going to pray for you. And yet, you still have time to work on these beautiful mosaics. I really appreciate what you do.

5. I love the mosaics Karen, Good luck at the market I am sure they will be well received. Is the market a one time thing or a weekly one.

6. wendy says:

i love your mosaic work! I hope you do well at the market