Wrapping Up 2017 Projects

Right now its cold in the Chicago area and as Christmas quickly approaches, I thought of my daughter in law Mari’s parents who live in Japan.  Their weather is very much like ours here.  While we will spend the holidays in California, I thought I would make and send some warm scarves for them since they are staying in Japan for the winter.

Lately, I’ve been doing  smaller projects,  so these scarves took me a while to complete in stages.

I had some merino/silk roving in a couple of colors I thought would be neutral enough.The one on the left I used to make myself a cobweb scarf a while back. Then I made a my husband a scarf using prefelt in the center.  This time I was going to do something different.

The roving was quite twisted, so I made batts for each scarf. I laid them next to each other, wetted them down then let my EZ Felter machine do the hard work.

I finished and fulled them by hand using my bead boards and solar pool covering.  I  believe this roving had more silk in it and is a bit softer.

This roving was multicolored with a bit of brown, green, blue, gold and white in it.

While it looks beige in the pic above, the closeup is more the actual color scheme.

I hope no matter if you are in the heat or cold, you all have a wonderful, happy holiday!

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wrapping Up 2017 Projects

I’m sure the scarves will be appreciated – they look so soft and warm – and because you made them especially it will mean so much to them.
    I wish you contentment and happiness during the Christmas holiday.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! I’m sure they will. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

2. Tracey says:

Really lovely scarves, special gifts. Have a great holiday with your loved ones Marilyn.

3. Jill Chadek says:

Marilyn, thank you for giving a shoutout to our Ez Felter machine. I’m glad that you find it helpful in the felting process. I enjoy hearing about and seeing the different projects that you create throughout the year. Your work is inspiring.
    Happy holidays to you and yours!

The scarves are lovely Marilyn and I’m sure they will be used and treasured. Always nice to have something soft and warm around your neck 😉 Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a creative and fiber filled New Year!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! I’m sure they will make good use of them. Happy Holidays and a Fibery New Year to you, too!

5. The scarves look neutral and can be used throughout the winter, looking good no matter what color the coat. And isn’t soft merino just the best? Happy Holidays!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Cathy! Neutral was what I was going for and yes Merino is the best. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6. Great looking scarves Marilyn. I am sure they will love wearing them in Japan. I do love those wool and silk tops. I have them in several colours. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

They’re really nice, Marilyn! The camera really picked up how shiny the blue one is 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Zed! The blue one was shinier and softer even though they were both a Merino silk mix.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )