Stitched Felt Landscape

I am a little late this morning in getting this posted. Sorry about that!

Layout

I created a felt landscape last week. I used a variety of fiber from my stash. Many were little bits of leftovers so I’m not sure exactly everything that I used. I did add some of the nylon fiber that Zed sent me into the foreground. It is the really white fiber. I wanted to have different shades of snow and shadow in the foreground.

Stitched Felt Landscape

I then free motion machine stitched a little bit in the background and created the tree in the foreground. It reminds me of a sunrise here in Montana. I love adding the stitching and it really seems to bring the piece to life.

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Stitched Felt Landscape

1. merielk says:

This is so beautiful. I would like very much to try out free-motion sewing and admit to being confused by it and very daunted. Baby Steps. Your posts are so inspiring and soothing to the soul simply for their beauty and elegance and the idea that, yup, I could do this, too. Thank you.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks so much! I am finishing up creating my online class for free motion stitching on felt. I’ll post it here when registration opens. It would take the stress out of trying it.

2. Lovely picture Ruth. I am partial to lone tree pictures. I am hoping to have time when you do your free motion stitching class.

3. josiedb says:

I love this piece. I am just starting to work with fiber more on felt like this so thanks for sharing.

4. Jeni says:

Lovely work.

5. nvukadinovic@gmail.com says:

Beautiful work, Ruth, and the framework is just perfect.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Nada, the frame is just one I have laying around that I use to take photos. I will probably frame it in plain black but the wood does look nice.

6. meterrilee says:

This is my FAVORITE type of fiber art…felt paintings with stitchwork. I love this–the bareness of the tree and its beautiful form against the snow and the magical sunrise. The colors just glow! Stunning work Ruth!

7. Wonderful piece Ruth, love the colors too. Can’t see the fabric at all, it dissapeared in the background? It gives a nice relief.

Gorgeous Ruth, I love the colors and the variety of textures. The stitching does finish it nicely.

Love it! The warm pink in the sky makes the foreground look even colder doesn’t it? You’ve conveyed the essence of winter in this picture – I could almost feel the cold!

Wow, that is really gorgeous, Ruth! So much depth and texture in the felt, and the tree is amazing 🙂

11. Karen Lane says:

I love your choice of colours and the tree is very effective.

12. GiGi says:

Ruth Lane: I have to say that the snow scene is one of your very best! I really enjoyed going over it inch by inch; enlarged. Very Nice! Thank you for sharing. GiGi