2nd Quarter Challenge 2016

Remember the credit card wallet disaster I told you about earlier this year?

20160226_12561620160226_125708

I decided I would recycle part of this piece into an earbud case for the 2nd Quarter Challenge. So I cut it up.

20160505_162040

I used a blanket stitch to sew it together and finish off the edges.

20160506_122723

Then I added a snap as a closure.

20160506_122901 20160506_123252 20160506_123108

Its a little bigger than needed, but I figure I’ll find something else to stuff in there if necessary. Perhaps a few business cards.Ā  I feel better knowing I’ve been able to use some of the material for something useful rather than sitting in a pile.

20160506_122938

If you’ve done something for the 2nd Quarter Challenge, be sure to post it on the forum! Or contact one of us to write a blog about it!

This entry was posted in Challenges and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 2nd Quarter Challenge 2016

Excellent re-use of felt Marilyn – pretty and practical too.

2. Really like the case you made and that you repurposed your felt! I tuck in my very old I-pod with my earbuds. Never travel without them!

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Cathy! Great idea. I have one laying around here somewhere. šŸ™‚

Great idea Marilyn. I have some other UFO’s that I am trying to get finished, using Ann’s challenge as a little push to get them going šŸ™‚

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! I have a few more going as well. Not they will make a dent, but every little bit counts.

4. Ear bud case is a great one. I like that felt too. I think I might need to make one with a zip for my ear buds and my square credit card reader.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ann! A zip, you’re ambitious. I look forward to seeing it. I liked the felt as well. I’m glad I found a use for some of it.

That turned out really nice, Marilyn šŸ™‚ Other things of similar size to credit cards are: calculators, blackberry phones, playing/gaming cards, little diary/address books (depending how deep it is, of course).

Thanks Zed! Good suggestions. It’s big enough for business or credit cards, but I make one separately for that since I don’t always carry the earbuds.

7. Teri Berry says:

Great repurposing Marilyn, beautiful and functional, who could ask for more!