This and That

While I haven’t been very active on the forum, I have been busy with small felt projects and traveling.

Everyone had been interested in what I would do with my “denim paper.”  Well, I tore some of it up in pieces and placed them on a piece of black prefelt.  I put wisps of fiber over the larger pieces, just in case.  It felted beautifully.  I doubt I needed the fibers.  I added sides from some black felt and stitched it together to make a glass case.  I added a snap as a closure.

2015-05-20 13.29.05

2015-07-16 15.25.43 2015-05-20 13.29.37

2015-07-16 15.26.12

2015-06-04 11.50.46

Rummaging thru my UFOs I found a couple of spikes I had made in Fiona Duthie’s class last year.  I decided to make a ring holder with one attaching the fluffy end of the spike to a felt circle, covering with additional fiber, felting then forming a star shape while wet and adding beads when dry.

2015-05-21 12.05.29

I also made another clutch for my Florida daughter in law.  Yes, the Nelson women love all things teal. This has three layers using batts of merino Corriedale blend and decorated with yarn, silk hankies, silk roving and silk gauze.  The last pic is the inside lined with silk habatoi.

2015-07-16 15.23.01 2015-07-16 15.22.00 2015-07-16 15.24.39

What little projects have you completed lately?

This entry was posted in Wet Felting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to This and That

I like the effect you achieved with the denim paper, and I’d never have thought of making a ring holder from a felt spike – clever idea! The lining in the clutch is both pretty and practical and I too love those colours – something about sea colours isn’t there?

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Lyn! You’re right, there is nothing like sea colors for inspiration.

All are small projects, but certainly worthwhile!

3. Lovely projects, I particularly love the clutch! x

You got great texture from the denim paper! The colours and textures on the clutch are really nice too 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Zed! Yes the denim paper has a lot of texture including some strands of denim threads.

The denim paper looks really cool as embellishments. And the ring holder idea is great! I’m sure your daughter in law will love the new clutch.

I did a bit of dyeing but mainly still working on my next online class 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ruth! I’m about to do a little dyeing myself. I look forward to hearing more about the new class.

6. Teri Berry says:

Love the ring holder – especially the star shaped bowl a the bottom, very clever indeed! Thanks for sharing your denim paper experiment too, what a great way to use up scraps of fabric 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Teri! I have plenty more denim paper to figure out how to use. So, I’m sure you haven’t seen the last of it,

7. Angie Norton says:

All of your projects are inspiring! The colors are great! I love blues especially! 🙂 I really like the ring holder. Is the star shaped bowl large enough to hold a few bracelets? I really like your creation a lot! 🙂

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Angie! Yes the star is large enough to hold a couple of bracelets or pins.

The denim paper project is a great success – lots of lovely texture in there and the ring holder is a wonderful idea. “Chapeau”!

9. creaphee says:

Interesting projects, especially the first and the second
    Aphee

10. The denim paper is very cool. The clutch is nice. don’t you just love self lining purses? mostly I have been doing project bags and tea cozies. I have a nice failure to show everyone when I post next.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Thanks Ann! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one with failures, but if you learn something it’s a learning experience. 🙂 I’m sure you’ll show us the project bags. Is that like a tote?

• project bags are really just a bag meant to keep your current project in so you can just grab and go. they are different sizes and shapes.

• Marilyn aka Pandagirl says:

Cool. Thanks. I look forward to seeing them.