Level 1 Experimental Hand Stitch Course in Kalispell, MT

As many of you my know already, I helped to organize a class with Gail Harker here in Montana. It was the Level 1 Experimental Hand Stitch course and it was held the last week in June. I was Gail’s assistant and we had 7 wonderful students.

Ready to Dye

There was lots of lovely color to play with.

Hand Dyed Thread

Threads were dyed.

And fabrics were “painted”.

Cathy with Dyed Felt

Lovely color was seen throughout the class.

Gail Demonstrating

Gail demonstrated many different techniques and stitches.

Class Learning about Thread in Camas Creek Cottage

The first part of the class was held at Camas Creek Cottage. Micki has a wonderful selection of hand stitch threads so if you’re in the area, don’t miss her shop.

Running Stitch

Stitches were learned.

Chain Stitch

And we even stitched on paper.

The Ladies in the Class

It was a great class and the students really seemed to enjoy themselves. You can see more photos on Gail’s blog. Thank you Gail for the wonderful class. We expect to see you back next year 🙂

This entry was posted in Stitching and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Level 1 Experimental Hand Stitch Course in Kalispell, MT

1. Thanks Ruth for helping me with this class. I will look for new dates in my calendar for next year. Watch out for level 1Machine Embroidery in Montana. Gail

Lovely stitches and thread, Ruth! What was it made of? What a great idea to dye your own 🙂

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Leonor – the threads are mainly perle cottons and some cotton floss. Once you start dyeing your own thread, you get spoiled.

Looks like a fun day and lots of lovely colour to play with.

Wish I’d been there Ruth, it’s the sort of thing I’m doing just now. 🙂

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Terrific that you were able to hand paint fabric and hand dye embroidery threads as well as learning new stitching techniques.

5. Great looking class Ruth. I had never really thought about taking a class before seeing the classes and work you have done.

It really looks like fun and such splendid colours!

It looks like everyone had a great time playing with all those wonderful colors of fabric and thread and learning some new stitches.

Ann will give me stick for this, but I love that bright pink/magenta thread! All the threads and fabrics look gorgeous, even before the stitching was added. It looks like a great course 🙂