My Brand New 2012
What an awesome start to our year with the birth of our very first Grandchild, a girl called Charlie, this will set the good vibes rolling throughout the year and I know its going to be amazing
Following Ruth, I haven’t made a resolution but I’ve decided on a word instead, I’ve been trying to think of one that will set my scene for the year and I’ve written down 5
Change, Trust, Adventure, Belief & Willingness
I’ve spent the last year or more being kind of suspended , I have had a bit to deal with in the later part of 2011 but I was still not really believing that I have what it takes to follow my dreams. Not being able to trust that I could really begin my adventure into the world of Felting and Fibre Art but working on the new Studio Site with my friends has made me realize that if i have the willingness to change my way of thinking, I can do anything.
So my word for 2012 is Willingness and no matter what I try , my Willingness to learn and focus will be foremost in my mind and my work, I guess I could have chosen any one of those 5 words as they all have a meaning for me , but, without the Willingness to Believe, Trust and Change then I’ll have no Adventure at all !
So with my Adrenaline Running on Willingness I would like my 2012 to be one of creativity, to learn and share and be the best person I can be.
- I’ll be giving much more attention to The Studio Site and our Virtual Forum
- I’ll be starting a 6 week online course with Victoria Crowder Payne in Feb called the Mixed Media Stitch Journal
- I’ve already started working on Take a Stitch Tuesday and creating my very own book of stitches
- I’ll be working on some embellished Journal Covers and Wall Hangings
- I’ll be getting to know more about Fibres and making up some sample pieces as well as laying out my favorite fibres to use in mixed media backgrounds
- I’ll be practicing more on creating better textile beads
- I’ll be working harder on my Etsy Store and adding more items to that
- I’ll spend less time on the computer and more time at my work table
- And I’ll also be spending time Babysitting my Beautiful Brand New Granddaughter !
Small steps I know compared to most but I’m happy and im healthy
So am I wearing my Willingness Hat ?
YES I AM !!!!!!