I’ve finally made a start on a couple of pieces for Karen’s 3rd Quarter Mixed Media Challenge. I chose two different types of background, the first one is a 7 x 5 inch art board, I think it is meant for watercolour paints. These are boards with a textured paper surface.
I had 3 more pieces to finish before I could put my sewing stuff away. They are all notebook covers made from fabric collage pieces I made a few years ago. I thought it was a waste to have them all rolled up and put on a shelf out of the way. I managed to get the parts that needed to be machine stitched all sewn up, and now I just need to finish off the edges by hand. I did finish one yesterday. It was from a collage of autumnal rusty colours. It’s mostly fabric, but has some art yarns sewn in too. I used some braid and delrin clips to make a closure.
I thought I’d have a few pictures of the other part finished pieces, but it’s raining today and really dark, but they were made from multi coloured collages. Hopefully they’ll be finished over the weekend, but here’s a supermacro just because 🙂