Thanks a lot to Marilyn for filling in for me the other day when I wasn’t well 🙂
It seems like I’ve got a lot of small or half finished projects on the go at the moment. I’ve been collecting glass beads to make a fulling board for the Well Being centre classes. I thought I finally had just enough to do one, so started on that, only to find I ran out of glue!
I took them to the felting/fibre group yesterday and and we ended up with a round bowl, a wide bottomed vase with narrow neck, a bird pod, and a garden den for frogs which inspired the idea to make oven gloves! Here are the other resist shapes:
We only had time for 2 members to have a quick go, but both made nice, even lengths of yarn and picked it up easily. The bits of wood I’ve used so far for making the whorls on my spindles have been some I got off ebay really cheaply, probably because they aren’t very even, so probably wheel rejects. I wanted to make some better spindles, so sent off for some properly made toy wheels:
Of course I couldn’t find the dowelling I bought years ago which I thought would fit perfectly, but after searching everywhere, I found it by accident when I was rearranging the room the other week. I haven’t fixed it properly, but I tried it for size: