I managed to finish the diary cover for my sister this week. Last time I posted I’d got as far as making pink batts and choosing the embellishments. I finished the layout the next day.
I wanted to create a feel of lots of different textures, but without it looking like it was ‘piled’ with embellishments. So after adding the fancy fibres and the cotton, silk, organza and synthetic fabrics, I added wisps of wool that I pulled from the batts. Close up of embellishments:
Coincidentally, it shrunk width-ways to the exact size I needed for my notebook cover. This is a photo of the pieces cut out: Main piece, the front and back pieces for the closure flap, and the strip to cut two straps.
I didn’t have the right colour thread for blanket stitching, so I made my own by splitting some lengths of embroidery floss in half and joining some pinks and lilac shades together. This is the front all finished