Level 3 Art and Design Exhibition

After more than two years, I am finally completing my Level 3 Art and Design course at the Gail Harker Creative Studies Center. We are having an exhibition to show our class work, sketch books and finished pieces of art work. The exhibition will be on Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at the new center at 503 Morris Street in La Conner, Washington USA. You are cordially invited! I know that many of you that read this blog aren’t even in the US, but if you are in the La Conner area, I would love for you to stop by, check out my efforts from the last two years and say hello.

I haven’t shown all of my work for this class here as it isn’t felt or fiber related but I thought I would show you a bit of what I have created in this class.

I have tried various techniques and what will come as no surprise to regular readers, I have emphasized trees and the woodlands as my inspiration.

It’s been a lot of work but I have really enjoyed the journey.

If you have the chance to further your education in the arts, I would  highly recommend it. I love learning!

If you would like to know more about each of these pieces, you can read my posts over on my personal art blog Permutations in Fiber. You will just need to scroll back through the last two years 🙂

The exhibition will also feature the art and class work of my three fellow class mates and their work is so different than mine. I will see if I can take a video of the work on display and show it to you after the exhibition.

I have many sketch books and boxes of work, it’s really hard to show the scope of everything in one post.

This is the biggest piece I created. Framed, it is 30″ x 30″. All the paper started as white rice paper which I painted and cut out individual leaves. This one took a “bit” of time.

But I hope you have enjoyed a few examples of the work I have created for this class. So please, spread the word if you would, about our exhibition. I would love for you to come if you’re in the area.

This entry was posted in Announcements, Classes, Sketch Book. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Level 3 Art and Design Exhibition

1. Jane Dolan says:

Well done Ruth, impressive body of work all round. Such a mix of media and skills. Wonderful to see and I like how you encourage others to be creative.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Jane! I have really enjoyed the variety of mediums. It’s been fun trying new techniques. I wish you were closer so you could come.

2. Jane Dolan says:

Forgot to say that if I lived closer I would be sure to visit !

3. Helen says:

That sounds exciting. I did a level 3 City and Guilds in Design and Constructed Textiles here in the UK and it was a lot of fun x

4. Karen says:

Lovely, lovely work, Ruth!

5. sunnysewsit says:

Congrats, Ruth. Everything is beautiful and I love your subject choice: nature. A lot of work, I am sure, but it has paid off.

6. Jennifer says:

Wow Ruth absolutely beautiful you have come along way from painting canoe paddles in Sinawik!!

7. Victoria says:

Beautiful stuff. Your really are a versatile artist!

8. Such a wonderful variety of techniques. I know their not all here, but the work is impressive. I wish I were in the area to see. Thanks for sharing your creations and journey.

9. annielynrosie says:

A lot of hard work but so rewarding! What an achievement – well done – and good luck with the exhibition.

10. pam says:

Fabulous Ruth, makes me wish I was in the US, enjoy the exhibition.

11. You have done a lot of work Ruth. You have lots of talents. You always seem to be enjoying yourself when I read the posts here and on your personal blog. I wish I wasn’t on the other side of the continent so I could go.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Ann, I do enjoy creating for sure. I too wish that we were all a lot closer so that we could attend exhibitions and get together in person.

12. Antje says:

I can only echo everyone’s comments….a fabulous collection of work (and this is only a part), a wealth of techniques that you have shared with us through the ups and bumps, showing a creative progression that is very evident to all.
    Mixed emotions for you I’m sure, but enjoy the feeling of success, exhibiting your work and absorbing the work of your fellow students….just wish I could see it all too.

• ruthlane says:

Thanks Antje! I wish you could see it too. Hopefully, I will be able to get a video of the exhibition for everyone to see my fellow class mates work too. It was an interesting journey that will be ongoing for me.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )