This and That

My plan was to show you the needle felted sheep class I taught a few weeks ago but it seems I took a lot of pictures of my hand and only ended up with two group pictures at the end. So here they are:

That doesn’t seem like much so I though I would show you what my house looked like on Sunday morning. It was so pretty and I may do a felt picture of using one of the pictures for inspiration. It was only -2c and all the snow is gone now.

I have a couple of new felting tools. The first I am told is for sitting on to help with some hip problem but I found 2 of them (cheap) at the second hand store. Value Village for those who live in the USA or Canada. I will attach a strap of some sort and give it a try.

Jan Found this great foot massager for me. It should be interesting to try out.

Lastly If you signed up for the Holiday card exchange the partner names are now up on the forum holiday-exchange-2018

As you Read this I will be at my Guild Exhibitions and Sale. It’s in Ottawa Ontario Canada if you are in the area drop by and say hello. facebook.com/events/

Also, I would like to encourage anyone who would like to learn how to make felt bags to sign up for Teri Berry’s online class. Registration is now open and class begins November 22. For more information and to register, please click on the link to the Felted Bags online class.

Who could resist learning to make a cute bag like this?

This entry was posted in Challenges, Classes, Design, Online Classes, Teaching, tools and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to This and That

1. annielynrosie says:

Your felted sheep are so cute! They are pretty as ornaments but I’m sure children would be very happy to play with them – they could have a small toy dog to play sheep herding into pens.
    The snowy landscapes do look very pretty but as I don’t like the cold I’m happy to just look at the pictures.
    That foot massager looks like it could be a really good fulling tool – let us know how you get on with it.
    The felt bag and glasses case are both beautiful.

2. Lise says:

Love your sheep Ann! Would love to take a class should you decide to offer another. Pictures sre also beautiful!

3. Antje says:

Love the sheep and cow they are really fun designs. I also like the bag design – the colours work well together and I like the repetition of detail into the handle.

I’d be interested to hear your views on the massager. I have a mini 3 wheel version which I thought I could use in tight corners, but as yet unused.

Snow! Already! As I age, my bones prefer cosy and warm! So I’m happy just to see your snow from afar.

• Thanks. It Teri teaching the class. It should be a good one.
      I think I will like the green one better then the foot massager. but maybe for something like a cat cave it might be the thing. I have used my wheels to harden a brim. but I don’t know that it does anything more then my Tupperware lid. Maybe if I needed the rubbing to be more directional. I don’t mind winter until it gets bitter cold. It does make we long for a fireplace and cozy blanket.

4. teriberryguest says:

Super cute sheep Ann! I hope your students are chuffed to bits with their new friends? I love Annie and Lyn’s suggestion of creating a dog to herd them all, now what colour should he be….? 🙂

Thank you for the plug too, much appreciated 🙂

• Thanks Teri, sheep are easy . A boarder collie, maybe not so much. They all seemed to have a good time. I hope the class fills up for you. The giraffe is just to cute.

Aaw, I love that sheep in the middle at the top! Great snow photos too! It got really cold here earlier this week, a few places had snow, but not us. It was about 14C today though 🙂

• Yes it looks a little like he is on the way home from the pub. We have been around 3-5c this week. Up to 9c next week. The nice thing about snow is it makes everything brighter. It was still snowing in the pictures.

I do love your sheep Ann! We have had a little snow but nothing that really stuck in the valleys yet. But it should be coming soon. Good luck with your new tools.

7. Love your sheep Ann. It will be interesting to see how those new Felting tools work. I have wooden foot massagers but didn’t care to use them, I like the Tupperware tops best.

8. Tracey Douglass says:

YES!!! Use the foot massager for fulling. I’ve got a wooden one and it’s brilliant.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )