My art group met at the first of June and we played with Tyvek. We were inspired by Karen L’s recent post here. We cut up Tyvek envelopes, painted and heated them with a variety of heat tools including an iron and heat guns.
Paula had already made a few samples but we wanted to heat them a bit more than just the light heating that causes bubbling. The results are much more lace like.
Here’s another before and after. The results are really organic. So you just have to decide when you want to stop the melting process.
So everybody started painting Tyvek sheets.
Then we started melting them. These are Deb’s and she used the heat gun and then added some shimmery spray ink afterwards.
Here are a couple of Sally’s pieces. She stitched the leaves on the sewing machine before melting.
Here’s another one of Paula’s that turned out looking like a bunny.
Here are a couple that Louise made. The one on the right reminds me of forest floor.
And here’s one that I did. I added the darker blue paint on the high points after melting. I am looking forward to seeing how everyone uses their Tyvek experiments. I am planning on adding some acrylic mediums and paint and mounting them on a canvas.