Colourful Nuno

A while ago, I made a few pieces of orange felt to get the right one for my friend who wanted me to make a purse. It took a while, but I did finish the purse. Here is the front:

And the back:

Inside:

I made a couple of nuno felt pieces recently with plans to make them into things. I left the tassels hanging over the edge because I thought it’d look good made into a bag:

I like these scarves, luckily other people don’t seem to anymore so I’ve found quite a few at charity shops:

Great texture:

I made a patchy textured piece:

I like the combination of textures:

I really like the way viscose fabric ripples in such a soft ‘swishy’ way πŸ™‚

Do you have a favourite fabric to nuno felt with?

This entry was posted in Nuno Felting, Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Colourful Nuno

The orange purse is delightful – it’s a ‘happy’ purse – love the colours and the way you’ve made it with the zippered compartment.
    Haha – yes we have those scarves in our local charities (and quite a few have found their way into my stash – they’re lovely). I like the way you’ve made the fringe from the fabric and I agree that it would make a pretty bag.
    Do you have any plans for the gorgeous patchy blue piece?

Thanks Lyn πŸ™‚
      I can’t take credit for the fringe, it came with the scarf! I’ll have to see what the patchy piece is a good size for, the last one I made got turned into a pouch with a cord tie and I claimed it for my craft fair money bag!

2. Koffipot says:

Lovely orange purse and the zip is a good addition. I have one of those scarves tucked away somewhere too, the texture you’ve achieved is great. πŸ™‚

Thanks, Judith πŸ™‚
      Some of these scarves seem to work better than others, I wonder if it’s different fibre content or variation.

3. Lucette says:

Lovely!

What a nice little purse for your friend. Love the functionality of it. I haven’t seen any scarves like that here but I haven’t looked very hard either πŸ˜‰ Usually, I just use a lightweight silk for nuno.

Thanks, Ruth πŸ™‚
      Taking the close ups, I noticed some of the strands seemed like embroidery threads so there might be a new use for the snippings with some weaving in the future!

5. Karen Lane says:

Love the purse and your patchy textural piece. I’ve just made a Nuno scarf using Viscose and I like the ripple effect too but I must admit my favourite fabric for Nuno is still fine silk.

6. Tracey says:

Really sweet purse, lucky friend! The blue piece is great too.

Very nice fall colors for your friend’s purse. Love the texture in the blue piece.

8. the purse is great . I don’t think I would have thought to put the zipper in like that. I don’t think I have seen scarves like that here. If I d I will be sure to grab it. I like that you left the fringe on too.

Thanks, Ann πŸ™‚
      To be honest, I did have to think about it, I usually just add in one extra piece of felt, sometimes with a zip, but mostly without. My friend requested a zip compartment and two other sections. Not what I’m used to, and machining it wasn’t as easy!

9. Annemiek says:

Such a fine job on that orange Wallet/Clutch. The stitching makes it even more unique and the fabric is so vibrant.

Thanks a lot πŸ™‚
      It’s even brighter in real life, and took quite a few photos to get a good one!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )