A Spring Shawl

The museum store wanted some shawls that are more “springy”.  This is the first one.

It is a pastel pink and blue silk with pale pink wool on 2/3 of it. I then added some silk hanky flowers  and leaves at each end and in the middle. It was to plane so I added some more leaves down the length. At this point I remembered to take some pictures.

pink-shawl-silk-flowerspink-shawl-left-end pink-shawl-middle pink-shawl-right-end

The pink wool is in a very thin layer so it will be very light weight for spring. The finished piece is about 15 inches wide so it can be a small shawl or a wide scarf.

finished-spring-shawl finished-spring-shawl-wool-side-2

finished-spring-shawl-wool-side-1 finished-spring-shawl-silk-side

I like doing shawls with a a silk section left to float as you walk.

The pictures are in my studio , taken hastily as my turn to blog snuck up on me. Everyone seems to be complaining about it being to dull outside to take pictures. I have the opposite problem. The sky is blue, the sun is shinning and the ground is covered in white highly reflective snow. It is blinding out there.

Are you thinking about spring things with soft colours or are you still in hibernation with warms cozy colours?

This entry was posted in Design, Nuno Felting, Scarves, Silk, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Spring Shawl

1. nvukadinovic@gmail.com says:

Lovely shawl. Very springy colours. I also like light shawls, with very little wool and let the silk speak for itself.

It’s a very pretty shawl Ann – it looks so floaty and delicate – and I like the pink and blue mix.

I’m making a lightweight lacy scarf presently, but it’s knitting.

3. Lucette says:

So pretty 🙂

Lovely scarf Ann! It’s nice to see spring colors and flowers and silk is always so delicate and feminine.

Beautiful spring shawl, hopefully it will sell quickly and you’ll need to make more! 🙂

Nice shawl, Ann 🙂
    I’ve been painting a lot lately, and been using dark blues, yellow and greens.