It’s lambing time

It is lambing time and we are busy. This post is more pictures than anything else.

quad lambs These are the quadruplets I told you about last week. All of them ended up in he house as their mom didn’t have milk. This was the only shot I could get of all 4 of them. When I tried to get down and take a picture on their level all I could get was a nose shot of one of them.  They are fed with bottles 4 times a day. They went to a new home. A young couple that wanted to start a small flock.

Mom and tripletsThis is a nice set of triplets. One of the black ones is a girl so will probably stay as part of the flock.

mom and twins you looking at me   This lamb is one of 2. You can see the legs of the other one under mom.  He gave me a nice face shot. I love the speckles.

looking at my lambsThis mom was very interested in having her picture taken.

twins I know these look the same but they are not.

hi A future star!

This is the group pen of moms and babies.  They are in the individual pens for a couple of days so we can make sure they are bonded and mom has enough milk.  Then they go into a mixed pen of moms and babies.

group pen

We are about 1/3  of the way through lambing. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

This entry was posted in Sheep Farming, Wool and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to It’s lambing time

1. Nancy Erhardt says:

They’re adorable !! So nice to see. Thank-you.

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 12:30 AM, feltingandfiberstudio wrote:

> shepherdessann posted: “It is lambing time and we are busy. This post is > more pictures than anything else. These are the quadruplets I told you > about last week. All of them ended up in he house as their mom didn’t have > milk. This was the only shot I could get of all 4 of the” >

• They are incredibly cute, I am going to try to get a video of them running a jumping. they are very uncooperative when it comes to taking there pictures.

What a lovely start to my day to see those photos. You must be tired Ann!

They are so cute! But what’s in the water or feed? Quadruplets, triplets, wow!

• They really are cute. just good Canadian water…well we do live close to the capital so I suppose there may be some fertiliser blowing in the wind. LOL

Wowza! That’s a load of lambs. Really cute and I’d love to see a video if you get the chance.

5. Enjoyed seeing your lamb photos…did you say 40?

6. Cami says:

Enjoying see all the new additions.!!

7. zararooke says:

So incredibly cute! Good luck with the remaining lambings!

Yes, do a video! I can’t beleive you’ve got so many and still more to come 🙂

• We used to have 150 sheep so this seems like not so many. I am going to try but every time I try the all lay down or show me their lovely tails.

9. Fantastic pics, just love to see the lambs at this time of year 😃