Notebook Covers

Sorry for the short blog post, I’m not very well, so it’s mostly photos. I tried so many times to get photos of the felt I made for these, but it was either too dark and they didn’t come out, or they were weirdly orangey. This is a cover I made for an A6 address book, I used a gardening notebook I made for my girlfriend years ago as inspiration. This is the front:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is the back, with silk carrier rods:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThis is a cover for an A6 address book too, I used some stripey tops I got from wollknoll and some rainbow trilobal nylon:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThis is a bigger one, a cover for an A5 diary or notebook made with lots of different silk pieces. I can’t decide which side I like best, so this is side one:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAnd this is side two:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Notebook Covers

Snuggle up under a duvet with a good book, a couple of biccies and a mug of Yorkshire tea until you feel better!
    The covers are all lovely. The nuno one is wonderfully abstract and I do like the green one as it’s so calming, but the stripey one is my favourite. The colours are fab and I really like the strip of trilobal nylon decoration.

2. Karen says:

These are gorgeous. I love the use of the leaf. I’ve not played with silk carrier rods yet, and it was interesting to see them in your work.

Thanks, Karen 🙂
      Silk carrier rods are great, they have texture and sheen and can easily be dyed. And even the little tiny bits can be carded up and used.

I hope you feel better soon Zed. Take Lyn’s advice. It doesn’t help when it’s dark out and you feel bad.

All the covers are great, each unique in its own way. It’s hard to pick a favorite. You are so good with piecing patterns together, something I’m never comfortable doing. I have to say the silk one just stands out for me. I do love the leaf. I want to try something like that but haven’t found the right leaves. Be well!

Thanks, Marilyn 🙂
      it actually felt better that it was dark, I think the light would have felt like lasers in my eyes! I think I was lucky with the positioning of the fabrics because I didn’t really think where the middle and cover parts would be.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better soon Zed. I like all the notebook covers. I am in the process of making some notebook covers too. I just found some decent sketch books to put in them that aren’t too expensive. So hopefully they will be ready for holiday shopping.

Thanks, Ruth 🙂
      Sketch books are one thing we never have that aren’t expensive, the cheaper ones are always spring bound pads, sketch books would be great though.

5. Teri Berry says:

Hope you are feeling better soon Zed. I love the last one best, especially side 1.

6. Andrea says:

These are beautiful.

7. Mary Holder says:

Love what you’ve done. One question where could I find instructions on how to attach the cover to the book? Or is it very simple just maybe glueing the cover to the front?

8. Linda spreen says:

Love these and haven’t done notebooks yet…do you sew them on the book ?

Thanks, Linda 🙂
      No, I sew a sleeve on each side so the cover of the book can slide in, that way the book or diary can be replaced when it’s full.

9. I hope you are feeling better soon. I like them all and think my favourite would depend on my mood. someone asked about the leaf on facebook. I tagged you in it.

10. I do hope you are feeling much better soon. The covers are all gorgeous, I would have a job to pick a favourite!

11. tfoz says: