Making Felted Sheep

With the start of show season gets closer I realise I only had a few sheep left. Time to make sheep parts.

sheep body 1 sheep head 1

I have to make bodies and heads. I roll them up and give them a few pokes. I use 2 needles held together with a hair elastic. It makes them comfortable to hold.

needles

There will be white sheep too

sheep head 2

Once they are rolled and poked they get put in to the legs of some nylons.

sheep parts ready fo the wash

These will go into the washer and dryer with a regular load of laundry.

I also make wet felted snakes to be cut for legs and a flat sheet of felt to cut ears out of.

sheep parts

I can’t find my bag of black spare parts.  may need to make more.

This is what the finished sheep will look like.

sheep small

They all get a safety pin on one side so you can wear them.

This entry was posted in Design, Needle Felting, Uncategorized, Wet Felting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Making Felted Sheep

Really cute Ann – I love them. Didn’t realize that you used the washing machine for these. Good way to save time. 🙂

• Thanks Ruth, I used to needle felt them individually but it took too much time. This way I can assemble them and then put there wool on. I do them at demos a lot.

Your sheep are such pretty colours and very cute! (You have a well-oiled production line going there.)

Cute sheep, and as Lyn says, quite a production line.! 🙂

4. Judy says:

They are absolutely adorable and I love their bright cheerful colors.

Darling rainbow sheep! I love them. Such little personalities, too!

Gorgeous, Ann 🙂

7. zararooke says:

Very cute! And a good idea to make parts seperatly to assemble later. You could perhaps save even more time in production by using pins or small nails as eyes.