Farm Supplies

This morning we went of to out farms supplier, Canadian Cooperative Wool Growers this is where you sell your wool clip.

wool growers

We had to pick up some milk replacer for our bottle lambs and the new radio frequency ear tags that all sheep have to have when they leave your farm.

eartags

I took some pictures of the wool  baled and ready to be shipped out.

small bags woolThese are the small ones they are compressed and weigh about 500 pounds

large bales 2  big wool bales 2These are the larger ones. I don’t know how much they weigh. That is my husband standing beside the bales so you can see how big they are. I think he is taking a picture for Facebook.

And lastly this is one of the reasons we where there.

lamb drinking 2 I will try to get more pictures of lambs but they like to show you their tails when you try to take a picture.

This entry was posted in Sheep Farming, Uncategorized, Wool and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Farm Supplies

Brrr – it looks cold there. That’s an amazing amount of wool under one roof!
    What a gorgeous ‘baby’. Those lambs must keep you very busy.

2. Marilyn Nelson says:

Wow, I’ve never seen so much wool! It’s a good thing it’s not roving yet. 🙂 The lamb is darling.

3. My favorite things to look at. Lambs and baby goats. Especially those little goats.

Just wondering where all that wool goes? That’s an amazing load of wool!
    I saw a bunch of sheep–all different breeds–when I visited Scotland a few years ago. The sheep were just so beautiful that I never got tired of looking at them. I thought at the time that they were very sweet animals (that’s a city girl talking!)

• I am not sure who the sell it too. Most of it comes form meat sheep so its carpet(course) wool. They a pretty nice unless you have a grain bucket and then they act like crazed lunatics.

5. Deb says:

Is the wool milled locally? I am always interested in anything that is actually “made in Canada”.

Those are some big bales. I would also be interested to know where most of that wool goes. Love the baby photos even their tails 🙂

Is this all wool from your sheep, Ann?