Finished Stitching Project

I’ve managed to add quite a bit more stitching to the felt piece I’ve been working on lately. After the yellow and orange stitches I added a square of burgundy around the yellow and then some rows of black stitches in the middle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAfter that I added a row of white stitching at the two short ends, then using one long piece of variegated white and beige shaded thread, I added some more rows, then went down the long side.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI finished it off by sewing alternate rows of a pale yellow and chocolate brown. I haven’t decided what I might do with it yet, but I like the way it turned out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI did finish my white texture piece as well this week. I haven’t had a chance to photograph it yet since it dried, but here’s a photo of it all sewn up, waiting to go into the washer–I usually put them in a pillow case to protect them and to stop fibres getting on the laundry.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe next piece I’ve decided to work on now is a nuno felted piece, I used muslin as a base and merino for the wool. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to make a pencil case or something else.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWhat have you been working on lately?

This entry was posted in Challenges, Stitching, Wet Felting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finished Stitching Project

1. Nancy says:

Nice work, as always!

I love the stitching that you added to the yellow piece. Running stitch works so well to add line and color. Are you going to do stitching on the nuno piece?

Thanks, Ruth πŸ™‚
      I’m not sure about the nuno piece, I liked having the colour patches to work around on the other one, so maybe I’ll save the stitching for a couple of other pieces.

3. pamd says:

Love it, love it, love it!

4. Just beautiful. The stitching looks so very good on felt. I think it needs a few beads too.

I like the extra stitching – it’s given it an Egyptian look.

Can’t wait to see the contents of the white packet!

6. I really like the splash of colour in the middle. the nuno piece would be nice with some stitching on it too.

7. Karen says:

Zed that is so cool, all the added stitches are gorgeous, it would make a great place mat and something that you could use, Looking forward to seeing the white texture piece to πŸ™‚

Thanks, Kaz πŸ™‚
      I thought it’d make a nice place mat too, or maybe for under a vase, like farmlady did πŸ™‚

8. farmlady says:

Just beautiful! I love the idea of stitching on a piece of felt. I just finished a felted piece to go under a vase, on a table. I think I will try another one and do some stitching on it.
    Thanks for the great ideas. Good post.

Thanks a lot πŸ™‚
      Post a link if you do one with stitching, it’d be nice to see πŸ™‚